Sunday, January 10, 2010

One year ago today...

...Cody and I had our first date. We doubled and saw "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith and went to Trabuco Oaks restaurant. It's a funky steakhouse with ties hanging from every surface and tree trunks growing through the actual structure of the restaurant. I remember what I wore (flattering teal top, jeans, orange high heels). I remember thinking we were doubling with Derek and his date because Cody must have been too nervous to take me out on his own (which was not true). I remember having a huge headache at dinner, which is random because I never have headaches. I remember crying in the movie and hoping that Cody would find me adorable instead of crazy emotional. I remember Cody asking me at dinner if I thought "tan people were more attractive" in a way where it was obvious that he thought so. I remember thinking, "Why is he asking me out - I'm obviously fair?". I remember him walking me to my door and hugging and him NOT SAYING "we should do this again sometime." I was so confused by our date...but I knew I wanted another one.

What a crazy and wonderful year it has been since that first date one year ago today. Cody made me waffles this morning and surprised me with these lovely dozen roses!

1 comment: