Saturday, January 9, 2010

Honeymoon - NY

I've decided to start posting pictures of our honeymoon, one location at a time. I took a TON of pictures on our honeymoon, so deciding which pictures to post will be time intensive and hard. Here I go...

To start off our honeymoon, Cody and I left our reception and spent our first night as a married couple, and the following day, in Huntington Beach (at the Hilton). Thank goodness he didn't take me to the Ali Baba Motel in Costa Mesa, as he threatened to. It is dirty, and old, is shaped like a regular motel but with a dome like the Taj Mahal, and I've always wondered "who would ever stay there?". Let the picture speak for itself.


Cody loved his "joke of the century" (as I named it) and would always tease me by asking me how excited I was to get married and go to the Ali Baba. I think he just loved saying Ali Baba and saw it a lot which prompted the joke, but I think if I were really on board, Cody would have booked a room and we would have consummated our marriage in a flea, bed bug, crab infested room!

Luckily for both of us, Cody got us a great room at the hilton, with a view, which was decorated with roses, candles, and looked amazing. Let this picture speak for itself as well. Note the drastic comparison.


The following morning, we relaxed, ate breakfast in our room, and got dressed for church. We went to church, you see, because we wanted to start out our married life on the right foot - by going to partake of the sacrament. Right out of the gate, we wanted to be in a great spiritual place and show our faithfulness. Now, had we actually succeeded in taking the sacrament that day we would have been blessed times a thousand, because after all, we were on our honeymoon, on the day after our wedding. But alas, we only took claim to "good intention blessings" because we arrived just as sacrament meeting was ending. I thought church started at 2, but it really started at 1. Bust! Instead, we made sure we enjoy our Sabbath by soaking up the sun at the beach, watching the "pot luck" band which plays every Sunday, and ate yummy food at Ruby's on the Pier before catching our red eye flight to NYC.

We arrived at NYC after little sleep, but that didn't stop us from going into the city for some fun. We walked around, grabbed lunch to go at Pret to eat in the park, took a nap in the park, had a cupcake at Magnolia's Bakery, went to see the temple, and had a lovely day enjoying the fall colors and each other. When we returned to the airport that night we were spent! We were excited to board our plane because we couldn't wait to get to Spain. I tell you what though - we were not excited for another red eye flight. Let's just say that our first day in Spain consisted of a nice 5 hour nap!




And now for our last one, here I am in the airport trying to catch some shut-eye before heading for Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment