Sunday, January 17, 2010

MSC Fantasia Ship - Our pad on the Mediterranean

Now remember one thing about our honeymoon, Cody surprised me on my wedding's eve to let me know where we were going. I had no input in the planning. I didn't decide the location or accomodations. He never showed me pictures. He said, "you can't have control over everything, Robin. The honeymoon is under my control." And he's a smart man, because I have a tendency to get excited and plan and question and suggest and insist. But he decided to take the helm and surprise me on this. And all I knew was the itinerary - at the last minute. So as we were walking along the port I had no idea which ship was ours. There were many cruise ships in port, but Cody knew the company and that it was a fairly large ship. "Fairly large" is an understatement. Our ship dwarfed all the others in port. Cody informed me that it was the size of the Eiffel Tower laying down. Crazy.

Here are some pictures of the ship (which had 1,300 workers to make our sailing smooth).


Now, I've been on a cruise before and have had a great time. But can we say, "Hello Claustrophobia!"? Cruises can be so cramped, so populated, loud, and especially, claustrophobic. So when Cody hinted that we might go on a cruise for our honeymoon, I wished for a balcony, a room that was non-cramped, and a space where I could manuveur without falling all over myself. But again, with no control there was no gaurantee that Cody would "think like me." Well, my wishes were granted. Our room had a couch, coffee table, desk, large bed, and a balcony. Our balcony had its own table and chairs for lounging too. Mind you our bathroom was a bit of a tight squeeze, but it too was clean and nice.

Here are some pictures of our room and bathroom (Cody thinks its stupid I took pictures of the bathroom).




Our ship was so nice. Everything was elegant and impressive. We went exploring, to our orientation for "English speaking guests" and decided we were in for a wonderful week at sea. And an international one at that. We were a couple of the very few English speakers onboard. Every announcement was given in 5 languages! Here are some pictures of our ship (the main staircase was so sparkly - made from Swavorski crystal!).



After exploring, we watched the boat set sail and the sunset up on deck, then headed back to the room to get all gussied up for "formal night." Cody was clever and signed us up for the late dining option (to give us more time exploring our different ports of call before having to return to the ship). This allowed us to go to the theater show before we dined. Dinner was AMAZING and then they turned off the lights and paraded the Baked Alaskian dessert for us. I was so confused. Then, after everyone stopped clapping, everyone sang a song we didn't know at all and started waving their napkins in the air. I was SO confused. The energy was amazing and Cody decided to wave his napkin too (looking and feeling absolutely ridiculous in the process, but giving me the best photo of the trip so far!). This cruise is going to be one to remember!


2 comments:

  1. you are the best blogger! i'm LOVING hearling all about the honeymoon. soooooooo fun!
    maren

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the nicest cruise ship room I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete