Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weekend of Love

Valentine's weekend was such a great weekend for us Orvins. Friday night we went to El Torito Grill (free of charge thanks to a Christmas Gift Card) and to "Valentine's Day" the movie (free of charge thanks to my Christmas Elf). I love enjoying a night free of charge. I ordered a Diet Coke and whatever else I wanted. Now that Cody's money is my money, I don't seem to enjoy splurging on date nights quite as much as I did when we were dating. I often order water for a beverage. Oh, the pleasures of gift cards.

Saturday, Cody surprised me with a re-peat date. Last year, our Valentine's Day made both of our "top 5 days of 2009." 2009 recap: Cody sent me flowers at work and the card read, "the past month of getting to know you has been the best month of my life. I hope it's only the beginning." AAAhhhh, melt. We went out to an amazing Indian restaurant and to The Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages Theater. This year we again went to "Electric Karma" - the yummy Indian restaurant with the best cheese naan I've ever had. Then we headed to the Pantages to see "The Color Purple." The production was unbelievable. It has an all black cast and the story was touching, funny, colorful, and the music was perfect. Cody and I had no idea what to expect (we haven't seen the movie or read the book), but we were glad we were able to see this performance in a theater we both love. The cherry on top was that we didn't have to pay for parking because we found a spot on the street. Beat that $17.00 parking lot!! This repeat of a date was a great surprise by Cody!


Sunday I woke up and showered. Waiting for me after my shower was a lovely breakfast of heart shaped pancakes and eggs. The breakfast was sitting next to 24 red roses, a spin the bottle game full of heart shapped candies, and a card. Cody did a great job of surprising me. We went to church, watched our wedding video (and some Olympics), and I made Cody the dinner of his choice. I also baked him my mother's cheesecake, which is his favorite. I've been too stubborn to actually learn how to make it, so baking it for him on Valentine's day really was a gift.


All in all, it was a great weekend - full of love, good food, and the best date a girl could wish for.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this... I've been living on gift cards for the past two months too and it's the best. When Joel finished school and started making real money, suddenly every little penny meant so much more. I've become so uptight about making every dollar count. Oh the days of school when there was no responsibility...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm glad you guys had a fun Valentine's Day. We went to a hockey game for ours...very romantic. We pretty much don't do much for Vday and we're both totally fine with that. I've never seen The Color Purple either. Was Fantasia good in it? I know Cody has always been a big Fantasia fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Orvins. Robin I've never met you and I'm so sad about that, I've heard nothing but awesome things about you though. Cody told me you guys had a blog so I found you. So I was reading the post about Cody shaking and I just busted up laughing. Anyone who knows him knows exactly what you are talking about. Anyway, you guys are so cute and seem like you are having a ton of fun. Oh and go gift cards!!! Reading that reminded me of the way Trent and I date :)

    ReplyDelete