Friday, February 19, 2010

The Doghouse

...is where Cody just got put in time-outs! He's being super ridiculous and annoying. Bye-bye marital bliss.

You see, he can't stop singing "Oh Susanna" ever since he looked up the lyrics on google. He only stops to briefly switch it up by singing "what the world needs now - is love sweet love."

Now, MY head is a broken silent record of "Oh Susanna, oh don't you cry for me. For I came from Alabama with a banjo on my knee." The lyrics (no offense folk song lovers) are quite stupid. For example, "It rained so hard the night you left - the weather it was dry." What?!

Well, time-outs wouldn't have been necessary, but when I yelled at him for what he's done to my thoughts - he just sang the song louder, with an even more memorable twang.

Ugh!!!!! Bad Boy Cody!!!

P.S. I've determined tonight that our kids have no chance for a good voice. I've known my voice is weak, but Cody. Well. Yep, no chance.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard right now... I just see/hear Cody singing that at the top of his lungs and then laughing so hard at himself :) hahahahah I LOVE LOVE LOVE this story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin...is it OK if I tell you how much I love you?! :) I'm a huge fan of your blog. I feel like I'm reliving each of the moments with you. You capture all of the "Cody-isms" perfectly. Thanks for the entertainment!

    ReplyDelete