Friday, November 25, 2011

It's time for you to go to bed Cody...

I lost my eye liner make-up brush at my in-laws in September. Connie couldn't find it after we left, and so while I'm up here for Thanksgiving, I thought I'd search again the bathroom. I was searching the cupboards and moving around items to find it. Just as I was moving a box of cards around (and possibly glancing at them) so that I could see if the missing brush was behind them, Cody comes in and says, "Robin it's not in the cards." (Laughing...trying to get me to "get the joke") "Robin, you are not going to find that brush, it's just not in the cards."

As I type this Cody says, "Robin, no one is going to think that this is funny."

But that is my point. The "joke" is cheesy and dumb and was hardly worth the breath it took for him to make it in the first place. But Cody has some how found three separate audiences with which to share the stupid cheesy joke. Just 20 minutes ago he was laughing so hard he could barely make the punch line of "Robin, it's not in the cards."

Oh. my. gosh. Just when I was going to yell, "Someone save me!" Connie told Cody it was time for him to go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing super hard. Especially at the thought of Cody cracking up over his own joke. Did you find your brush???

    ReplyDelete