Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Catching Up: 2 Years!!

I've spent the last two years married to my best friend. To celebrate, Cody surprised me with a weekend away. He coordinated Alivia's care with the grandparents and booked our room unbeknownst to me. This is what he left on the counter top to inform me of the getaway. This and a single garden rose.


We had a great time together...but we were sure happy to see our little Livy when we got back!

Saturday started off with lunch at Lake Arrowhead at The Belgian Waffle Works overlooking the water. I haven't been here since I was a kid and it is better than I remember (if that's possible). It was beautiful in the fall colors. The village had a cute pumpkin patch and Oktoberfest was going on at the village center stage.




We then headed over to Big Bear Lake, where we stayed the night. We had a jacuzzi in our room and the hotel was close to Big Bear Village. I had researched restaurants on Yelp, only to discover that the restaurant I had selected for dinner was closed for two weeks for "fall break". What a bust! Instead, we had Indian food which was a good fit for us.









Here is our breakfast the following morning. Cody's pancakes were giant.

No comments:

Post a Comment