Monday, November 14, 2011

4 Months Old!!


Alivia was 4 months on 10-28-11! At her 4 month check up, she was 50 percentile for weight (13.1 pounds) and height (24.5 inches). She is a happy baby who loves to sleep. She regularly sleeps 11 hours straight at night. And she rarely cries when she wakes up in the morning. We usually check on her in the morning to find her already awake, and smiling at the ceiling. After such a long nights sleep, you'd think she'd be crying for some food...but she's just too happy in the mornings to cry.

Alivia laughed for the first time on 10-7-11, but hasn't made a habit of it. She is easy to smile and slow to laugh. And her laugh always seems cut off. We'll have to post a video to demonstrate. But it's like she gets going on a laugh and stops at the peak of a giggle.

Alivia loves to talk, and actually said Hi, unintentionally and unaware, the other day. It sounded so exact and creepy coming from a 4 month old. When she complains, it sounds like she is saying mama...but again, its just an unintentional thing of course. I know mama is a common sound, but I like thinking she just wants her mama when she's sad.

Livy still loves her swing. She's never really taken to her bouncer. She enjoys her play mat more and more now that she can actually grab at the toys. She talks to them like she's telling them a story.

Alivia is a content baby as long as she is being entertained. Self-entertainment happens, but is sometimes short lived. Given that Alivia is my first, it is super easy to pick her up when she is complaining. I'm sure if she were my second, Alivia would seem like a more difficult child because I'd be giving her less attention. Regardless, I know that she is still an easy baby and I am super grateful to have such an even tempered daughter.

Alivia loves going out to eat. She requires no attention from us and is totally entertained by the noises and new environment in a restaurant. She is pretty entertained on errands, but not as much as in a restaurant. She must be destined to like dining out as much as I do.

I've come to terms with the fact that my daughter is going to grow older and bigger. I've succumbed. And since I wrote this blog post, she has changed so much! Good thing I love this girl at all her stages.

1 comment:

  1. Robin, she is such a beautiful baby. Seriously! And lucky you that she sleeps so well...I had to wait till my 3rd to get a good sleeper :)
    love ya!
    maren

    ReplyDelete