Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Wedding Day - Santa Ana Country Club...


OK. So here's the deal. I can't just blog about my wedding. I'm basically journaling/scrapbooking about it on my blog. So, bare with me. I'm long winded and posting little by little. This one is about our reception location.

Santa Ana Country Club wasn't my first choice for a reception location. I really wanted to have my reception at the Richard Nixon Presidential Library. They have beautiful gardens, a most impressive ballroom which is patterned after one in the White House, and guests during the cocktail hour can tour the exhibits. I thought, "oh, perfect. My less social (and more awkward) guests won't feel the need to converse...they can just browse and meander through the library."

Well, the library was completely booked and the one day they had available was the Friday after Thanksgiving. I was GAME - until I realized that the temple would be closed. Bust! I was even looking at Veteran's Day, a Wednesday, and who ever gets married on a Wednesday, but that day was booked as well. I was crushed. When you get the chance, go to the library's website and see for yourself why I wanted it there. Delicious!

But, in the end, Santa Ana Country Club was the perfect reception location. It was much closer to the temple and only 5 minutes away from my parent's house. Their food was great, their coordinator was so helpful, and the serving staff was complimented right and left by our guests (so attentive and polite)!!! Plus, it was the club that my Grandma Bendheim was a member of and made a beautiful backdrop for our photos.


Here are some photos of us on the grounds (and our families).














And now for some Black and White photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment