Monday, July 26, 2010

The Wedding Day - The Decor



My mother kills herself over "details." Which makes a fabulous reputation for throwing parties. Well, my mother did it again (with my opinions in the mix of course)!

The gift table - has a bird cage of course, with lit candles inside of it, ivory leaves on its cage floor, and people placed their cards inside.

I don't have a picture of of this table :( Not a good one anyway. If anyone out there does...send it my way!!! Mom, do you?

The party favor - My mom made the "sweet tweet" wedding favors and assembled their packaging. Of course there were sugar cookies made by her inside. In the shape of a bird. How appropriate, right? See below.



The "feather" and pedal filled cones - all ivory and black - used to shower us during our send off. My mom had the sticker on the cones specially made to say "Feather to toss on Robin and Cody - October 24th, 2009." It was hard to find the ivory and black print for the cones too. More on the send off later.



The Bill of Fare (or menu card) - had on the back of it an Introduction to Robin and Cody, for those guests who didn't know Cody or myself very well.



The Seat Assignment table - my mother did hand calligraphy for each guests' card. It was a lot of work! She also hand glued the black and ivory feather. Get it? Bird theme!





The Table Tags - my tables were named after birds. Cody and I had the "Lovebird" table. My relatives with the last name Henn sat a table of the name. Other tables were named Robin, Dove, Swan, Swallow, Peacock, Quail, Woodpecker, Bluebird, and so on.


The Candy Table - I wanted a candy table at my wedding, so I borrowed my dear friend Ali's candy jars and my mom adhered the black ribbon and hand calligraphied candy tag (with the same bird from my invitation). This table was more work than you would expect. We had to find the candy cups (had to be ivory or black you see - and not too big or too small). We had to find tongs or scoops for the candy, not to mention that the candy itself had to fit the color scheme. This candy table almost didn't happen!




The Photobooth Table - this was next to the photobooth we had at our wedding. My mom and I thought to have the photo strip of the night Cody proposed to me in a photobooth at the Orange County Fair. A simple vase of ivory roses also graced the table.


The Cocktail Tables - My mom did the flower arrangements!


The Sign-In Table - We did a picture sign-in book. I made the picture book online and it had all our engagement pictures in it - with tons of space for people to say whatever they wanted. I just thought "What would I ever do with a book with people's signatures and one line congratulations." The table also had our wedding invitation framed, our official engagement picture flanked by pictures of both of our parents at their own weddings on either side. We didn't get many pictures of this table.


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the guests signing the photo book. Clever clever you!!! Everything is gorgeous--I'm so not surprised! Wish we could have been there!
    love ya!
    maren

    ReplyDelete