Friday, July 16, 2010

The Wedding Day - Bridesmaids and Groomsmen





Cody and I went around in circles with what to do for a wedding party. He only wanted a best man and I wanted more than just a maid of honor. Cody changed his mind 2 weeks before the wedding and had his brother and some friends from out of town be a part of his wedding party. I told him he should have groomsmen all along, but he didn't listen until the last minute. When will he ever learn to just listen to me? Huh? When? Ugh.

Well, I had some friends whose feelings got hurt over my bridesmaid decisions - and even more friends whose feelings were hurt because they weren't invited to the wedding. I hated this part of being engaged. I hated being restricted, limited. I'm more of an inclusive person by nature and I wish that my reception location could have afforded more guests (see previous post). I also wish that I could have had all my dear friends be a part of my wedding party, but that would have been too much.

I came to the sad conclusion during my engagement (thanks to my therapist!) that I don't have the super power to protect people from feeling a bad emotion, or fix people's hurt feelings and make everything all better, or make them feel loved, important, and dear to my heart. Reality sucks. Not having super powers really sucks. But more importantly, having friends with hurt feelings really, really, really sucks!!!

But enough of this downer note, Brooke made a fantastic Matron of Honor with her pregnant belly, don't you think?







And one of Cody and I during the pictures:

2 comments:

  1. Being one of your bridesmaids was and honor! I am so glad I made the cut :)
    BTW...I have always thought you had super powers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is with my hair in picture #6?...shoot, sorry about that. Your wedding was perfect and made me wish i could do my reception all over again and hire you and your mom to do it.

    ReplyDelete