Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Wedding Day - The Cake



Sick of wedding posts yet? Well...TOO BAD!! Mwahaha, ha, ha...Ha. I still have a couple more for the scrapbook :) I'm being self-indulgent, but stay with me.

Here are some pictures of our cake and us cutting it at the reception. I loved my antique silver cake stand, the little love birds on each layer, and the two love bird toppers, nestling together. My mom and I decided on the bird stuff, and I provided the baker with the pipping detail I wanted on each layer. The florist provided white hydrangeas and willow branches for the cake table.

The cake details:








Oh, and for those of you who think Cody should have smashed the cake in my face, or vice versa, --- come on, really?! I heard your chants at the reception for some smashing. I just don't get it at all. We weren't in our young twenties when we married. We weren't in our mid twenties either. Cody was the Big 30 and I was half way through my 29s. Messing a pretty face with cake, or pie, or the like stopped being funny long before we tied the knot. Am I off on this point? I don't understand why someone in a lovely (expensive) gown, with their face all made up pretty, and at an adult affair would want to make cake cutting a moment you could see on "The Three Stooges".

Plus, I much prefer sugar in my mouth than on my face. If you don't believe me on this point, just ask my fillings and flabby abs. They can attest.

Well anyway, this last picture shows the view beyond the cake. The quality of the photo isn't that great, but it's the only one I have from this angle.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the wedding posts! Its like we all get to relive that glorious day!
    And I am totally with you on the whole cake smashing. Who thought that was ever funny?

    ReplyDelete