Monday, May 31, 2010

california YOGURT company

We are open!!!! FINALLY!! (Breath. Sigh). Cody and I are done with the construction of our retail space and are finally making money instead of spending it daily at Lowes, Sam's Club, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Ben E. Keith.

If you can remember, our retail space was black and salmon when we first got it (refer to former post). We've changed around some cabinets and cosmetic walls. We've thrown tiles, love, and sweat into the project and here are the results:











And for the toppings:




Here are unimportant photos. You can see that the bathroom is the same color scheme as before. I like the color scheme, we were OVER the painting project, and so the bathroom is different from the rest of the store:





And for those of you interested - here are the PROCESS photos. They remind me of the mess!!!! that was our shop. The dust from all the wood cutting was unreal to clean. I could sneeze just writing about the dust!

AND I MUST GIVE A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO MR. CLINT ORVIN (Cody's brother), and MR. JERE ORVIN (Cody's dad) FOR ALL OF THEIR CONSTRUCTION WISDOM AND HELP!!!!!!!!!! They can be seen in some of these photos working. We could not have done this project ourselves without their help. Also, my friend Peter Baird did the logo. Talk about talented men!

Anyway, the photos:











The most satisfying thing about having our shop completed is getting asked the question, "Is this place a franchise?". I'm sure the question has something to do with our name, but I like to think that it also has something to do with the way the place looks. We pulled off looking professional, a real business, "legit" as they say it. And all of you out there that know me - you know I just love compliments - and this shop has afforded me many so far. YES!

4 comments:

  1. Robin and Cody! I LOVE it!!!!! It looks amazing...very Robin, which i love of course. I love the bead board, the blues, the stainless steel tables and chairs, everything. It looks so clean and very as you say "legit". I wish i was there to try all the flavors and toppings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think Massachusetts needs a California Yogurt Company...please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely "Darling"! Cody will understand my darling comment. I love it and I wish the places here were that posh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely perfect... you better believe I'd be loading my kids up right now in the car if you guys were at least in the same State.
    Good job...

    ReplyDelete