Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Utah Family and Fun


After Alisal, Cody and I headed up to Utah to spend some time with his family. We love visiting Logan. The Cache Valley is so beautiful and the Orvins know how to have fun: food, games, food, games, food, games, and socializing.

Here are some pictures of us ice skating with Brody and Shaylee. Brody got to spend the night and skip school. He was dying to "DO SOMETHING" on his day playing hooky. So we went ice skating and out to eat.



It freakin' snowed in Logan when we arrived and when we left for SLC. WTF??!!!! We were there in May!!! I love the cold, wearing scarfs and all, but I didn't have any of my winter clothes considering it was like 85 degrees in Arkansas when we left. Thanks to Cody's mom, I had a Old Navy hoodie loaned to me for my entire Utah stay (and accidentally brought it back to AR with me - woops) Cody also sported his dad's flannel.

Cody is the best uncle in the world - to any child under the age of 5. He is a sucker for the toddler years. I pathetically get jealous of how adoring he is to his nieces. I know I'm not allowed to get jealous to the attention, compliments, cuddles, and adoration he showers on them, but do you think I could ever get Cody to indulge me like this? I promise you the answer is - not a chance in hell.


After a great stay, Cody and I headed to SLC for my youngest brother Tanner's graduation from the UofU and his wedding (wedding post to come). Tanner had a great graduation address from Ambassador Huntsman and Cody and I were very entertained with the sign language interpreters. I could go on and on about how hard simple sign language looks, but nobody cares.

During the closing remarks from the university president, Cody and I had the following exchange.

University Pres: "In this room are future leaders who will find cures for diseases, be leaders of nations, discover new planets, ..." (the usual stuff)
Cody: "Disoverers of new planets? In this room? I highly doubt that."
Robin: "I know. Probably not."
Cody: "Maybe at a BYU graduation though."
Robin: "Barf."

Here are some pictures of the graduate.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear Cody is still one of the most hilarious human beings on the planet....not to mention a rocking uncle...

    when the beep are you coming to Pescado Blanco????

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tea party photo of Cody... PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete