Friday, June 29, 2012

First Birthday...

Alivia Pearl Orvin
is 1 year old...

I cannot get over my big baby girl!  She is so stinkin' cute and sassy and sweet and social.  We celebrated her first birthday with a family party last Saturday and with just us three yesterday. 

Alivia is still too young to really understand what all the presents and fuss and decor mean.  She was overwhelmed when opening up presents (she still wanted to absorb what was wrapped in the first package when we were rushing her to open up the next), had a mealtdown when we were singing happy birthday to her (she just wanted to touch the cake early and take off her birthday hat), and yesterday when I gave her our present, she threw it down on the ground.  Ugh, so ungrateful. 

But although she is still too much of a baby to know and understand birthdays, she sure did like the sugar from her cupcake(s) (that's my girl!).  And this mama sure did love celebrating the birth of her one and only.  It means so much to me to have given birth to Livy, and to have enjoyed a year in her company.  Her birthday, very much felt like my birthday.   No, it felt more worthy of celebration than my birthday ever has.  And all the fuss and decorations might have been more for me than for her, but I like to think that one day she will look back in a photo book and feel like her first birthday was celebrated right.

more posts on her birthday to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment