Thursday, July 5, 2012

First Birthday Party...The Decor.

Livy's birthday party was at my parents house.

Here are some of the decorations...


I made tissue pom-poms and month photo garland.  The 9, 10, and 11 month photos were used for the centerpiece to the table, and as a backdrop to the table I used the 1-8 month photo strands.


The photos are now hanging in my dining room...see?



Party Hat made by Aunt Marci...isn't it darling?!


We had fruit skewers, vegetable cups, chips, and cold-cut sandwiches...super casual.

The Dessert Table...with cupcakes and cakes and berries and cherries.  It was a labor of love.  Notice the pearls for my Alivia Pearl on the cake and cupcakes.  The cake was my strawberry cake. 


The Happy Birthday sign that-almost-killed-me-but-turned-out-slightly-above-barely-ok.  So sad.  And it looks particularly bad in the above photo.  As does the table, but this wasn't the finished look.
It's a lot of work throwing a party with the buying of food and supplies, baking, and decorating.  Golly, especially when you throw the party in someone else's home it means transporting everything! 

Getting ready to sing...

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Robin-i love the decor! The cupcakes and cake are adorable too. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete