Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Monterey, CA Part I

Cody for Christmas gave me a trip to Monterey and in March we made the trip as a family. I can't believe that Cody went to graduate school in such a picturesque town. I absolutely fell in love.

We arrived on a rainy Friday night, checked into our hotel, and went on a walk down to Fisherman's wharf. We had a bite to eat and headed back to the hotel for the night.  After a 6 hour car ride, and a stroller ride in the rain, Livy struggled to fall asleep in her new pac-n-play in the hotel room with us just five feet from her.  We spent 2 hours trying to get her to go to sleep in her new bed and I suppose all the traveling and change was a bit too much for her. It was also too much for Cody who vocalized some regret about bringing her.

I got so defensive for Livy and pointed out all the many reasons why a little baby might have difficulty in such a situation, and held out hope for a better tomorrow.  Luckily, Livy did get used to her sleeping arrangement after that first night, so aside from a longer morning routine and occasional fuss, she was a great travel buddy.  But Cody would never admit it...after seeing how annoyed I got with his complaints, he kept them coming and coming and coming throughout the vacation for his own enjoyment.  He just likes to get my goat that way.  Like saying, "It's the perfect day...not a cloud in the sky."  Because he knows I love clouds.  And hate that incorrect, popular saying.

So happy to be out of the car!


Rain didn't stop our exploration of Fisherman's Wharf.





On Saturday, we went to Lunch at Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa with a lovely view, and yummy food. Then we went to the Monterey Aquarium. We walked down the ocean into Pacific Grove to Lover's Point. Followed by dinner in Pacific Grove.

Lunch location and view...




Where I fell in love with the ocean...


Let me show you why...




Honestly, I want to post 1,000 more photos I took on the colors and scenes we saw at the aquarium...but I'll spare you and resign to show you the view from the aquarium.


Here are photos of our walk from the aquarium to Pacific Grove's Lover's Point.

Livy stayed entertained watching the surfers, waves, seagulls, and fishermen...




I am so obsessed with these photos.  I miss that view like crazy and wish I could park my condo right on that beach in Pacific Grove.  Hello Heaven.  Let me just add one more photo from our walk.  This is a private beach owned by Stanford for research, so you can't go on it.  But it still gets good use by the relaxing sea lions.  See them?


More on our March Monterey trip to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment