Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!!!

I really don't tell Cody how much I appreciate the husband and father he is to me and Alivia (respectively).  I think I'm afraid that if he realizes how amazing I find him to be in both these roles, he'll dial back his involvement or stop striving to be better than the amazing he currently is.  Or something to that effect. 

And if any of you don't know, let me tell you, he is VERY involved in Alivia's day-to-day life.  He is the perfect partner to co-parent with.  He is an extremely loving, fun, and "hands on" father.

I suppose the level of his involvement is measured by Alivia, who will equally go to her father as she will with me.  She behaves similarly for me as she does for him, and with only minor differences, she will laugh and play and be soothed by him just like she could be by me.

Let me also add that he bathes Livy every. single. night.  With little exception.  He is her night time buddy.  And smelly diapers, flying food, and tears don't deter his involvement.  He just knows how to parent the way a father should.

Alivia and I are very spoiled by Cody, and I suppose, despite my fears, he deserves to know how much we appreciate him.  He is a great man, a great husband, and an excellent father.  A natural if you will.

 
So, allow me to wish Cody a very happy first father's day.  My father set the bar pretty darn high.  I had my expectations.  And you, my love, are definitely the type of father I wanted for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment