Friday, June 29, 2012

32...

I am officially 32 folks.  Thirty Freakin' Two!!!!! 

My younger self would have looked at the number 32 with heavy eyes, but I have to say that the transition to 32 has been quite the breeze.  No hang-ups on the age or anxieties of unfullfilled goals or depressing thoughts or anything of that nature.  Just a good ol' fashion birthday.

Cody celebrated my birthday with a surprise itenirary.  I was pleased to come down on my birthday morning to find this waiting for me on the kitchen bar next to a vase of flowers...

It was such a great surprise to have a fun filled day with family and friends.  Brunch at Mimi's Cafe with Ali, phone call with Shaunna, nails with Margot, dinner at one of my favorite's (but not Cody's) Cheesecake Factory, and Les Mis at the Performing Arts Center.  It was the perfect day all planned and taken care of by my wonderful husband.

Now, let me just indulge a little and talk about Les Miserable.  Wow!  I saw the musical while in college years ago, but was too immature to pay attention to the story line or words to the songs.  I walked away from the musical confused about what I had just watched.

But at 32, I absolutely understood the story, empathized with the characters, digested every note and word, and bawled my eyes out.  It is a complex story with a lot going on, and because of that, there are layers with hidden morals and messages and so much to enjoy and think about.  I told Cody after the production, that I think, no matter your situation or background or life difficulty, you'll be able to find a character in the story to relate to.  And if you are like me, you'll sit with each character and listen to their life sung through a beautiful solo, and feel it all with them, every single character.  Hence the bawling my eyes out.  It's not call miserable for no reason!


I absolutely loved my activities and look forward to a wonderful year...I sure hope 33 is as easy a transition!

No comments:

Post a Comment