Thursday, March 8, 2012

That Hurt

Did I honestly just pay over $50 to fill up my car?

You know, the small, fuel efficient car that gets fed with the low grade gasoline, always at the cheapest gas station in our town. That car?

Well, yes I did folks. And I couldn't have been more disgusted. Do you realize how wonderfully I could have put that money to use at T.J.Maxx? Ugh.

$4.3199 per gallon makes me shake my head like an elderly grandmother who remembers the days when it was so, so, so much cheaper. I feel so old, but really just a couple years ago it was half that price to fill up this very same car's tank.

To all of you who own SUVs and expensive cars that are filled with the higher grade gasoline, I just cringe to imagine what your bill would have been.

Right about now is when my jealousy toward my siblings grows, as all their bills at the tank are paid for not out of their own personal pockets, but by their employers respectively. Lucky dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment