Friday, March 2, 2012

Behind

Cody and I are slow to jump on the band wagon. We are behind the majority of people our age in acquiring new gadgets and gizmos.

We just bought a flat screen TV. We bought our condo before we upgraded to a flat screen. I bet 95% of people buy a nice TV before a condo.

We both still have flip phones. We don't have iPhones, iPads, or iPods.

We aren't on Pintrest or twitter, and I for one was way behind the curve in getting a facebook account.


We haven't read Harry Potter. I know I was one of the last to read Twilight, and Cody and I are just now starting to read The Hunger Games.

We are just behind. But here are some bonuses for being behind:

For one, I'm never disappointed with the actors they pick for the movies of Twilight or Hunger Games, because I saw the trailer before I read the book, and pictured the actors as the characters in the book.

Secondly, When Cody and I do get a new gadget, we get an upgraded model, because the originals are no longer in production and have been improved. It's more bang for your buck, so to speak.

Lastly, We rarely make a mistake in our purchasing, because we definitely aren't impulsive buyers, and because the rest of America has reviewed the product, it's lasted the test of time (with improvements), and our satisfaction is virtually a guarantee.

We are currently loving Hunger Games. And now that we're into hunger games, an iphone is next on the list. I have months to decide on a black or white one. Months to anticipate and grow an appreciation for FINALLY having a fun phone. And you better believe, I'll be happy to understand the fascination with "Angry Birds."

No comments:

Post a Comment