Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hunger Games

Tonight I both finished the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy, "Mockingjay," and saw the movie Hunger Games.

On the way to the theater I felt like a school girl going to a Justin Bieber concert. I could have squealed and peed my pants I was so excited and giddy with anticipation. But I'm a grown woman, and passionate "groupy-like" tween feelings are a tad embarrassing and ridiculous at my age. The worst of it is that I don't even think I could have hated the movie if I tried, since I think I decided to love it before I ever even saw it.

Cody has started calling me Katniss at times. Katniss or Catnip. He always has odd nicknames for me: Rizzo, Bizbon, Trick, etc., but these new nicknames sit perfectly with me. I wish I was just like Katniss: fit, influential, important, desired, skilled, and an absolute rock star.

Oh man, as I type this I'm embarrassed. Do you see? I'm a 31 year-old woman calling a book character/young actress a rock star. Just be glad I'm not describing how I pined for Gale's actor (hunka, hunka).

No comments:

Post a Comment