Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

We were in Logan with the Orvins this year on Thanksgiving. We had a great time as always. We saw movies (The Help and Breaking Dawn - loved it and loved it) and ate out and shopped (with every other person in the Cache Valley) and spent the days with family.

Alivia had her first flight and handled it like a champ. I was nervous...because you never know how the altitude and cramped space will affect your baby...but Alivia was happy to have the attention of both of us, as well as the other passangers who sat next to us. She also loved the TVs in the Jet Blue seats. I think the picture below says it all. She couldn't even take her eyes off the tv for the picture.



Alivia in the snow (the hat didn't quite fit - oh well)


I am super grateful to have such amazing in-laws. I never imagined enjoying my husband's family as much as I enjoy the Orvins. Connie, in particular, makes me feel so welcomed and loved. Especially since every time we leave, she says good-bye with tears. She gets teased for being easy to tear, but I love it because then I know she loves us and will miss us until our next visit.


Cody and I helped with the Thanksgiving dinner. Cody made his rolls and mashed potatoes. I made my mother's stuffing/dressing, a salad, and cheesecake. Everyone made a little something and we had a ton of food...just the way I like my holidays to be.


Life really is wonderful. Sure it can be difficult and hard and confusing at times, but all in all, with family, friends, and some food on the table - life is a beautiful blessing.

I love my husband. I love my little Livy. And I appreciate the Thanksgiving holiday that reminds me to stop and notice all the many things to be grateful for.

Hope all your Thanksgivings were as good as ours.

2 comments:

  1. Your baby looks like a little sparkly ball of magic!!!!! I cannot get enough pictures of this girl. KEEP THEM COMING. Also....come to Montana, we could use some magic up in these parts.

    ReplyDelete