Friday, December 2, 2011

5 Months!!!


"This is why you've lost viewers, and your ratings have gone down, Robin. Our blog is now just a baby blog." Someone, who shall remain nameless, but who is a male adult who sleeps next to me at night, said this to me just a minute ago. I guess he's sensitive to those who frequent our blog and might be sick of seeing our daughter's face.

All I can say is, "What...a dork." First, I started a blog in part to document my life. And like it or not, my life is my daughter these days.

Second, some of you viewers are interested in our little Livy, because you are an Aunt or Grandma or baby lover. And I couldn't miss a blog post marking our 5 month old Alivia and disappoint those viewers.

And lastly, I can't resist this face. It consumes my affection and attention. And I will have to do these monthly posts until she is one year old...and then y'all will get a break.

So at 5 months, Alivia has mastered purposefully rolling over from her back to her stomach. As a result, we have found her sleeping on her stomach when we check in on her. She is catlike in her obsession with scratching all surfaces within reach of her small hands. I have been on top of cutting her nails as a result - man those thin nails grow like crazy and hurt more than they should.

She is happiest in social settings. Seriously, we were at the airport the other day and she was smiling from ear to ear the entire time. People always comment on her disposition - and big eyes. I over heard a lady say to another passenger, "look at that baby, she is smiling at nothing."

Alivia had her first cold this past week. Colds suck. It made her spit up and wake up in the middle of the night.

The sad news is that Alivia now often wakes up crying from naps. Gone are the days of walking in on her awake and happy (except for in the mornings, where she still wakes up happy and content). Also, Alivia is getting more demanding...she wants to be social with me when I want to clean or cook or blog or watch TV. She can be so insensitive to my need to waste time! Just Kidding. I don't cook.

I could go on...but I'm sensitive to ya'll. My "queen of the world" (what I always tell her) at 5 months.

Trying on a Christmas Dress



Wearing clean laundry


Enjoying the outdoors


Being all prim and proper


Matching so well (thanks Shaunna!)


Getting ready for bed (No, she doesn't wear the bow to bed, she was trying on her new bow from aunt Brooke)

1 comment:

  1. I will never get sick of seeing your cute daughter...ever! I love reading your blog, and your daughter is the cutest baby i've every seen!

    ReplyDelete