Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Wedding Day - Reception Festivities



My wedding posts are coming to an end. I'll document these reception festivities and save the send off for my last wedding post (I know you've been craving a post not wedding related...but my brother is getting married on August 21st so you'll get one on his wedding...ha...but mine will be done). Do I hear cheers from the gallery? Shush.

We'll start with Cody and my first dance. We danced to "At Last" by Ella Fitzgerald, which is, by the way, the LONGEST SONG ever. Cody and I loved dancing together...but felt bad for picking such a long song.



My father/daughter song was "Rockin' Robin" - bird theme remember? - and an upbeat song. I didn't want to dance to a slow "tender" song because my dad and I are all about fun. Cody and Connie danced too.



The bouquet toss was caught by two of my friends, Ali and Frances. I've never been too keen on the tradition. I've always been less than enthused to fight over used, and supposed "lucky" flowers. But this time I was the one throwing the flowers, and for that I was thrilled!




The garter toss was caught by my brother Redge whose wedding I will attend on August 21st. Maybe garters really are lucky. Look at Redge's smile - it's like he knew the garter meant something for him and Marci.





Derek and Brooke did an amazing job on their toasts. They weren't too long or too quick. They were heartfelt and honest, the way it should be.





And the entertainment: dancing and a photo booth. The photo booth really was the hit of the night. My nephew, Carter, must have gone in that booth a bazillion times. The company who brought the booth also brought props and people went nuts. Here are just a sample of the hundreds we have. And the band was great, we had the same band my sister did at her wedding.


























And Cody and I made it into the booth together:

1 comment:

  1. Photo booth was the best idea ever for a reception. Your wedding was my favorite I've been to by far. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete