Saturday, August 28, 2010

Call me Mrs. Match Maker

A couple years ago I set my brother up. I don't make a habit of setting people up. There's too much pressure for the two parties to like each other, and as I discovered with my brother, you as the match maker become WAY too invested in a relationship that doesn't involve you. So as a novice match maker I set my lovable, fun, and handsome brother up with my dear friend Marci.

Marci and I were serving in the Relief Society Presidency together. I, at the time, just thought that she would be good for Redge and vice versa. She was wildly different from the girls he had always dated. She was mature (older than him), artsy, real, spiritual, and more than anything, calm. Marci was the calm to my crazy in the Presidency and since Redge and I are crazy squared, I thought they might go good together too.

I remember celebrating my birthday in Boston shortly after the set up, and receiving a call from Redge. He said that my birthday present was that he had kissed Marci. I loved the news, but my excitement was short lived. Redge went to Montana for the summer shortly after the kiss, and upon mutual agreement, they dated other people. Both were in relationships months later and I hated it. I decided to butt out. To stop caring so much about their union. I even played it cool when they got back together roughly 9 months later. I tried not to care. I tried to have the position of, "How nice." Plus, I had my own relationship in which to invest myself.

Well, I have to admit that I was quite ecstatic on August 21st. You see, my lovable, fun, and handsome brother married my mature, artsy, real, calm, and spiritual friend. Their sealing was wonderful. Their reception was everything Marci: creative, unique, and beautiful.

And as I post these pictures, I pat myself on the back a little. Maybe I was spiritually guided to set them up. Maybe they would have dated without my set up. Maybe not. But I have to say that my match maker track record is excellent...perfect actually.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Bendheim!!!





And now a glimpse at the reception decorations.





2 comments:

  1. good job robin! it was so good seeing you while you were here. i really miss you! OH... tell cody those peaches were so good. thank you for hauling them up and then reminding me to take some. I like your new lay out by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding looks beautiful! I am so happy for Redge. I remember you guys talking about Marci A LOT during that trip to Boston!

    ReplyDelete