Friday, August 13, 2010

Southern Manners...

As long as I'll live in the south, I don't think I'll ever get used to older men and women, even the elderly calling me Ma'am.


It's a very respectful title. I love it. I'm just always thrown when being called it.


"No, Ma'am." "Thank you Ma'am." "Ma'am, You have a good night." "Excuse me Ma'am." "Where might I find the napkins Ma'am." "Yes, Ma'am." The "Yes, Ma'am" phrase is said to me hundreds of times a week by our customers.

Can you just picture a cute grandma saying, "I don't need a receipt Ma'am" to me her junior. It seems so backwards from a California girl who has always been called "dear" by cute grandmas.

I'm not complaining though - I love me a good dose of southern manners.

1 comment:

  1. I've been in the south six years now, I'm just getting used to it..and actually started picking up on it too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete