Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Wedding Day - The Happily Ever After



I had the best time at the temple, at the reception, on my wedding day. It's been nine months! since that wonderful day and looking back, it went exactly the way I wanted it to and I wouldn't have changed one minute of it. I have no "would a-could a-should a" thoughts. This is all a reflection of my mother's dedication to detail, my overwhelming love for Cody, and the people who supported us on that day.

I won't lie and say I wasn't tired and ready to leave when the time came for our send off, but I was sad to say good-bye to my family and friends who had traveled into town for my wedding. I've mentioned before, but I was completely overcome with emotion on my car ride to our hotel that night. I just felt so loved and grateful for the good people in my life, sadness/guilt for not being about to spend more individual time with those who travelled from afar, and spiritually blessed because of our sealing experience in the temple. Yes, I know what some of you are thinking too, and it's true, that some of those tears might have a twinge to do with some apprehension for the ensuing events later that night.

Our send off went well. The cones tossed the rose pedals and feathers well. Cody and I drove my dad's car to the hotel and the windows were so foggy we couldn't see where we were driving for the first seconds of our send off. Cody picked out my send off dress when I showed him three I had purchased. He thought I looked sexy in it, which is so funny to me. I look at these pictures and don't see anything seductive or sensual in them whatsoever. Men.



(the above photo has a good hair shot...compliments of Brooke Davis designs)


My anniversary is closer than my wedding date, which is crazy. I can't believe how time flies and yet how comfortable and secure I feel with Cody. It's like we've been together for a long, long time, and I feel so blessed to be living my "happily ever after."

2 comments:

  1. obviously the obvious post to follow this one is - and now our new chapter in life... and baby makes 3!!!!! WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to do such a post when I'm actually with child...but given that I'm not and not even trying to conceive, this post is months off.

    You Dog.

    ReplyDelete