Saturday, March 13, 2010

I live in Oklahoma City...

Well, I live in Oklahoma City for the night anyway. We no longer reside in California and won't be in Arkansas till tomorrow. That makes Oklahoma City my home for now. I'll be attending church here tomorrow.

I'll post about this journey to the south this upcoming week. Let's just say for now that moving and packing have got to be the most miserable tasks on earth. I have an enormous amount of respect (and pity) for those who work as movers and packers.

Another occupation I would hate is driving a truck. Cody and I are caravanning and I've spent too many hours alone in my car - with my own thoughts. My mind is a peculiar place. My mind yesternight was dreaming that I had cancer and requested a "Life Celebration" in my honor before I died. It was quite the party. Cody and my mother planned the entire event at the Santa Ana Country Club. I attended and was able to see all my dear friends who travelled to California for the celebration. I had a 3 year old daughter and 3 month old son. I died a couples months after the celebration.

Then I stopped my train of thought because we arrived in Albuquerque, NM.

Let's all be grateful that I'm not an island, or a truck driver, or a loner. Turns out people keep me sane. If Cody were in my car or I in his my thoughts would have been more pertinent to our life and reality.

Well, hugs and kisses and good night wishes from Oklahoma!

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed that you are blogging even when you are on the road!
    I too have day dreamed about what it would be like to die. Who would be at the funeral, how Haws would go on with out me... it is never a happy thing. Did you get a book on tape? Edward could keep you company in your car while you are driving :)
    Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete