Saturday, March 6, 2010

Alice in Cracktown...

Wonderland is on crack these days. I saw "Alice in Wonderland" tonight and the movie was interesting, artsy for sure, but definitely weirder than weird. I don't know what to think of the movie, my eyebrows have been furrowed for about 2 hours now.

I had the same reaction to "Moulin Rouge." The movies are both entertaining, extremely different, but I can't tell you if they are good or horrible? I can tell you in terms of "Alice in Wonderland," that Alice is weird, Wonderland is on crack, and I'm confident I won't be seeing the movie again. Would I suggest the movie to another though? Mmmmmm.

I guess Wonderland, although on crack, is still a land of wonder. I'm filled with confusion and wonder (and wandering thoughts).

I just read this to Cody. He thinks I should have said that Wonderland is on Acid. I guess Cody's drug of choice is Acid? Or maybe I just don't know my drugs. Silly Mormon!

2 comments:

  1. Acid is probably a better drug to explain this movie from what I have seen of the previews. I think I will still see it, even though it does look very weird.
    I must defend Moulin Rouge though. I know the beginning of it is a bit chaotic and crazy, but the story is wonderful! One of the most moving love stories I have seen. I cry every time I watch it and I love that song "Come what may". Ewan McGregor isn't bad to look at either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna go with Acid as well...Although it must be said that I am drug free and have been for all 26 years of my life... it just seems more fitting :) The FIRST time I saw Moulin Rouge I laughing out loud. I thought it was a total joke and WAY TOO busy and insane and crazy... then I saw it again a few years later and LOVED it...So give Alice a whack in another couple years :) I haven't seen it, and I'm not exactly ICHING to see it...maybe we'll fly to Arkansas when it comes out on blu ray and have an Acid, Alice, Yogurt Party :)

    ReplyDelete