Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hotel Orvin

The past couple little bit has been back-to-back house guests. We've been busy having fun, being social, and washing sheets and towels.

First up was Ruby dog. I've already posted about her stay with us...but she was easy to watch and is beautifully house trained.

Next was Cody's sister Jana and her husband Dave. I don't know how many people are as lucky as I am to enjoy their in-laws as much as I do, but being around Jana and Dave was a good time. Unfortunately, Dave has had a year of surgeries and pain, so walking around too much was out of the question. As a result, we just relaxed by going to the beach, eating out, and playing a game or two.

Here we are in Huntington Beach on the Pier:







This lady worked for 45 minutes to catch this sting ray. She said it was her dinner. I can't think of anything more disgusting.



Here we are at Crystal Cove beach after eating at Ruby's Shake Shack:









Then my parents came to stay with us for a couple of nights. If ya'll don't know, my parents are remodeling their house. My childhood home was sold at the end of the summer and their new house is under construction so they've been renters for the past couple of months. But their lease had ended and the construction is about over and they had a trip planned to Montana for 10 days, so staying at Hotel Orvin it was. I can't wait for their house to be done...it will be so nice to go hang out there (I'll probably post about their house for those of you interested).

Next up were Cody's parents, Connie and Jere. Again, I love my in-laws. And now that I'm a mom, I'm very interested in seeing them as much as possible since I want Alivia to be very close to her Grandma and Grandpa (my parents are Grammy and Bop). We went to the Jay Leno show while they were here (guest was First Lady, Michelle Obama!), ate out, went on walks, and rented some movies. Unfortunately, I had the stomach flu for one of the days and Alivia got a cold, so she was a tad fussy during their stay :(


Alivia in a high chair for the first time at one of our nights out.


And we've had my parent's dog Maggie staying with us. She is not house trained however, and spent her days outside in our patio. At night though, after I took her to pee and poop, I'd let her in for a couple of hours to lay on her bed. On one night, I had just let her out to go to the bathroom and was sitting on the couch feeling gross from the flu, and I notice Maggie on the carpet (which was a no-no). Turns out she was pooping, and it was all runny and gross. I could have killed her! She also peed three times in the house, and I was really disciplined about taking her outside on a regular basis to pee. Let's just say she's lucky I love her butt because I was close to locking her in her crate for the rest of eternity!

Then my college friend Frances and her brand spankin new husband Andrew came to see us for a night. Remember the wedding I went up to Utah in September to go to, but missed by one night? My airhead move of the year? Well, I finally got to see my friend Frances married. To a wonderful man. We had a great time chatting and reminiscing. We went to Balboa Island so Frances can get a Balboa Bar. And we went to church. That's about the extent of it. It was way too short of a stay for my liking. I needed me some more Frances time.



My parents have since returned and taken Maggie back with them. They stayed with us for two more nights after Montana, but opted to go stay in a legit hotel seeing as their house won't be done for weeks and I think my dad wanted his own space.

Our house seems a lot more quiet and boring these days since all our guests have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment