Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Carny



Cody and I went to the Arkansas State Fair last Monday. We saved big bucks because on Monday - parking, entry, and rides were a dollar each. It was a great steal.


We went to the products tent and I bought some baking stuff. We watched a Monkey show. We listened to an amazing country group. We saw a pig "Chelsea" give birth. We went on 5 rides and ate like we were asking for a heart attack. Corn Dogs - YUM!


I am a Carny at heart. Now I like all my teeth and would never want to live out of a camper, but I'm a Carny because I absolutely love the fair. More than the average person by leaps and bounds. People watching is unbeatable. I love the demonstrations, the animals, the thrill of going on a ride that could break in two any second, the colorful lights, the fattening-greesified food, the memory of Cody's proposal. All this plus Monday's dollar deal = perfection.

The baby chicks, ducklings, and piglets were so cute:




How'd you like to give birth in this tight space. Chelsea did. I felt so bad for her...she was in pain and biting any metal she could find.


On a ride:

2 comments:

  1. the duggars went to the state fair, but it was a while ago, what's the deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE you guys! YOu need to live closer to me!...we have an awesome fair!

    ReplyDelete