Sunday, January 1, 2012

I resolve to...

be more prompt.
-this includes but is not limited to:
getting showered and ready for the day by noon every single day. now don't judge, we don't get up in this household very early.
having the diaper bag prepackaged and ready to go before the time of departure so that i'm not running around with my head chopped off trying to get what I need.
and of course, telling myself that in fact, no, I don't have another ten minutes to start that other project and get a head start before having to leave. I just need to leave.

be more spiritually minded.
- this is includes:
going to bed earlier so that my prayers aren't nonsensical.
reading a chapter of scripture a night with Cody. We used to be so much better at this.
saying prayers with Alivia at night when I put her down.

be more active.
-this is includes:
going for a morning walk/run at least 4 times a week.
turning off the television once and a while (I'm still allowed to love my TV shows) and leaving the house as a family, in the evening, to go stop by some friends and bring them cookies or have people over for game night or the like.
exploring with Alivia when she gets mobile...like yours truly crawling and going on snail paced walks around the house and front lawn instead of watching her go while I surf the internet.

be more mindful.
-this includes:
returning texts when I get them.
offering to help with the dishes when I'm at my parents house.
choosing to be aware of where my phone, keys, and camera are at all times.
looking to serve...and not waiting to be inspired or asked.
reading at least 5 books this year.

Not a shabby list I've got going on. I already have my doubts, but I posted them so that I can stay accountable to you people in my blogosphere. Now lets get this 2012 party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment