Friday, January 6, 2012

6 months!!!


For serious? She is already 6 months?! I feel like 6 months of pregnancy felt like an eternity but 6 months of motherhood has felt like a hiccup. My sweet Alivia has grown up too big too fast. Life is so silly that way.

Little Livy Pearl had a rough 6 month birth date. For starters she was sick. And secondly, we made her have rice cereal for the first time. Let me just say she is not a fan. She gagged, spit, shook out of disgust, and even cried at one point. It was sad and entertaining all at the same time. We tried it again before her bath, with a different consistency and with pear puree, but she still wasn't a fan. Who knew my child wouldn't like food at first meeting.


At 6 months Alivia has two teeth!!!! Just look and see. And this photo was taken toward the beginning of December! I didn't even know she was teething until she bit my finger and one of the teeth was very visible. What crappy mom doesn't know her kid is teething until it is so obvious?!


On her 6 month mark (12-28-11), Alivia could roll over every which way, but best from her back to her front.



She talks a ton of gibberish.


She smiles the day away.


She can sit unassisted for about a minute or two before falling.



She recognizes her bottle. This is a new development this month. And heaven forbid she see her bottle before it is warmed and ready because then she starts complaining for it.



She still gets baths in the sink on her bather. That will have to stop soon. She's just getting too big and she tries to pull on everything, including the hot water valve!

She went to the doctor and got 4 shots on Wednesday. Poor girl. She's a tough girl though. This is me giving her loves in the parking lot outside the doctor's office. I have no make-up on because I've been sick with a cold this week. This includes a very watery eye and nose, which will spontaneously leak without a moments notice. Lukily I'm feeling better and so is she.

I sure do love my little nugget, all 14 pounds 15 ounces (roughly 40%) and I think 26 or 27 inches (roughly 60%).

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute! I love all her clothes and bows. I can't believe she's 6 months old either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Cody sure made a cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete