Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Birthday Boy!!

I'm playing catch-up and today I'm blogging about September 2nd - Cody's Birthday.

I wrote on the birthday boy's card that he deserves everything he wants for his birthday. After all, he's been a very good boy this year. He's worked so hard and he's been a stellar husband. He deserves everything he wants: a house - a nice and big one. He deserves a car that's paint isn't wearing off and car windows with no cracks. He deserves a super skinny, hot, rich, and never naggy wife. He deserves a lavish vacation to wherever his heart desires. He deserves the moon and the stars and his every wish.

And despite what he deserves, he got a tie, a book, candy, Cheetos, scissors, and a coupon book for messages etc. Scissors? Cheetos? What went wrong? Well, we are saving money for a house in CA (which, in reality, is robbery of sorts...bye-bye bank savings) and since Cody is better at long term thinking than I am, I knew he'd appreciate frugality more than lavish surprises for his birthday. It just made me, the giver, look real pathetic. Pathetic AND Cheap!

Luckily, I decorated, and tried to make breakfast celebratory. He requested German pancakes and I got him his favorite "white trash orange juice," SunnyD. See how fake excited he is?

It was early.

He had the day off of work, but he came in to set up and kept popping in all day long. We went out to dinner at Mike's Place, a nicer restaurant in downtown Conway.


And walked around downtown after dinner.

We watched "Date Night". He got a massage - for an hour. AN HOUR PEOPLE! THAT IS HUGE! It is a stinkin' long time and I caught myself looking at the clock every 2 minutes. Time was crawling...my hands were tired...but it was cody's birthday and as I've stated, he deserves it.
And despite the hour massage, dinner, and movie, it was still a sorry birthday for a good boy, but it's the birthday he wanted...and he does deserve what he wants.

31 looks good on him, don't you think?


And here I am at my birthday dinner in June - at 30. Wow!!! I'm getting some life under my belt now (while getting some sun in my eyes).

2 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a new post! I have been waiting for weeks, checking every day! JK ;) Happy birthday Cody.

    ReplyDelete