Thursday, May 30, 2013

Utah Christmas 2012

Christmas this year was with the Orvins.  We always have such a great time visiting our family in Logan, UT, and this year was no exception.  Our trip involved tons of family, food, games, food, shopping, food, games, food and some more family.  Plus, there was snow - a beautiful white Christmas. 

We flew up just in time for an extended Orvin family (Cody's cousins and all) party at a Bountiful hotel.  It's an annual party and it is always fun when we can spend time with the whole Orvin clan in a fun hotel setting.  I just love Cody's Aunts.  They know how to laugh and gossip and throw a good party.  But unfortunately, I was having too much fun to take pictures.  Fail!

So after checking out we headed to Logan to have our Jere Orvin family Christmas since some family had to leave prior to Christmas day.  We had a great dinner, games galore (and I won!), and some present opening. 

Presents...
Games...there are so many helping hands with Liv while we are up in Utah.  The family loves her and she loves them.  Just one of the perks of having the youngest tot around baby lovin' folks is free time to play games...and win!
Getting competitive.  I love to win...have I mentioned that I won?  Even if it is only third place, and I only get two gold dollar coins on my prize, I'll take the win and gloat in my ability to beat about 95% of the Orvin competitors.

I don't know what it is about fresh falling snow, but it is so exciting!  Cody made the most cute and pathetic snow man.   
 Where is your coat Cody?  It's cold and snowing and winter.  Figure it out.
 And of course, the kids killed it.  Cute snow man turned scary, nightmare clown.
On Christmas Eve, the Christmas Elf stopped by to give the Bendheim family traditional gift of pjs and a book.  That sneaky elf also happened to leave me a gift too of "Pitch Perfect."  It was a Capella magic.
I'm sorry for the picture overload, but I just loved the way Connie's tree sparkled on Christmas eve after "Santa" came and brought Livy's toys. 

 
I sat next to this tree a long time on Christmas Eve night.  I enjoyed having a picture of the Savior so close, reminding me to redirect my attention away from the tree and gifts and toward Him.
 
The following pictures are of Christmas morning.  Alivia was understated and appeared underwhelmed, as she usually does on these type of occasions, but she was pleased and excited on the inside.  She took time to review every gift and play with it, which was nice since Cody and I really didn't buy her too much.

She took forever to wake up!  I was more antsy than her...
 Finally, she woke up and once upstairs, she went straight for the bottle, baby, and stroller.


 She really likes being the baby.  She loved to sit in the stroller and be the baby doll. 
 "Feed your baby Livy.  She's crying."
 "Um, excuse me, but what the heck is this toy?  It just looks like a stupid box!"
Oh, melt my heart!  She gives the world's best hugs.
 Christmas morning breakfast was so indulgent and yummy!
The rest of Christmas day involved a lot of family, dancing (which was a favorite activity this trip), and fun in the snow.  Grandma and Grandpa have a singing monkey that was overused by this little girl.  She loved to dance and dance while the monkey danced and sang.
 I dragged Cody and Alivia outside for some Christmas day pictures.
 After Christmas fun in the snow...
 
 Icicle...

 New Year's Eve.  We made it as festive as we could (games, party poppers, sparkling cider, midnight countdown, pot and pan hitting, toasting the new year, and kissing your honey).

Happy 2013!




No comments:

Post a Comment