Friday, September 16, 2011

First "Time Out"...

Cody always tells Alivia she's going to get a spankin' if she doesn't finish her bottle. It makes me laugh every time I'm in the kitchen doing dishes and I overhear him say, "Alivia, come on - eat your dinner. You wanna a spankin'? You're gonna get a spankin' if you don't finish your bottle." The reason it's so funny is that it's obviously an absurd threat. He'd never. She's so innocent and precious.

Well, today Alivia didn't get a spankin', but she did get her first "time out." She was naughty and did this while we were enjoying some computer time...



OH! MY! NASTY!** The crazy part is she was wearing a diaper - which clearly malfunctioned - when this happened.

Oh the joys of motherhood...

I quickly stripped her down and cleaned her person, stripped myself, and went to work on the chair while she sat in time-out and thought about what she had done.


The time-out wasn't effective at all. She was smiling and generally happy through out it.

Exhibit A


Exhibit B


So, in a last ditch effort to inflict guilt and remorse, I brought in the chair to show her the damage she had done. And I waited for her to break down in embarrassment and shame. She took one glance at the darn thing, looked at me, yawned, and gave me this look of indifference.




Clearly, this woman doesn't take me very seriously. Good thing I don't take myself very seriously either.

**If you thought the "nasty" was in reference to my stomach (which is accentuated in this picture due to me leaning over to take the skirt shot), you are misled. I was referencing the nasty diaper explosion. Confusing, I know. You'll be happy to note that I started walking and generally moving more this week. Exercise has always been my form of weight management...since I love food, sugar, and all things fattening. I'd be lying to y'all if I didn't admit that I miss my old fat body. This new fat body, although weighing less than the old fat one, go figure, is outright disappointing. The bread dough stomach and widened hips - no thank you! Now, if you'll excuse me. I need to go feed this new body of mine some breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously that is disgusting! Diapers have been around for a long time, can't they invent a diaper that actually holds the poop in? Anyway, Alivia looks adorable in these pictures. And let me point out that your belly is the last thing you notice in a picture full of poop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that was quite the mess! Only the beginning I hate to tell you. I always wondered how you would do with all the dirty things that come with having children since you are the cleanest person I know! I think you are holding up pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete