Monday, August 22, 2011

Dance Moms

Dance Moms has been a great TV find for the summer. I love watching dance performances - and crazy people. And this show has it all.

I was thinking about how extreme these moms can be about their daughter's competing and winning. And after some thought, I've concluded that I want my children to be mediocre. Well, the word mediocre doesn't sound very nice. Let's just say I want them to be "normal."

I don't want Alivia to be famous. I don't want her to be the President of the U.S. of A. I don't want her to be the best tennis player or smartest kid in the state. Cody and I agree that if we could choose where our children excel, we choose kindness or the like. Areas that don't warrant much praise or pride or attention, but are of much more importance.

Don't worry, I don't plan on squandering my daughter's talents, but I know - I KNOW - I could never become like those moms on Dance Moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment