Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Depends

Is 8 hours a long time? Well, it can be or it can seem so minuscule. It all depends on your perspective and the situation. Consider this:

There are 24 hours in a day,

168 hours in a week,

731 in a month,

and 8766 in a year.

Now if I watched Storage Wars for 8 hours in a day...that would be a long time in front of the tube, but if the sun is only out for 8 hours in a day, then that day seems so minuscule. If I cleaned my house only 8 hours in a year, that would be just plain disgusting and not good enough, but if I spent 8 hours in a year pushing a baby outside of me, that would be just WAAAAAYYYYY to much time pushing.

Well, for a 3 week baby to sleep 8 hours at night without interruption, now that's a long time. And that's what Alivia did last night from 11 pm to 7 am. Then, after some nourishment, she continued to bless us parents by sleeping from 7:20ish to 11 am. That has been her longest stretch yet. She usually goes from 11 pm to 5:00 am, and we were impressed by that. But last night was an appreciated exception.

And to be completely honest, I missed her...because I love her...and because my boobs were exploding by the time she woke us up!

4 comments:

  1. Robin, you might want to check with your Doctor; I was told to wake Emma up at 3:00 AM to feed her, because they need the nourishment and you need to build your milk supply. At least in the beginning, as they get older they can last longer. Check with your Doctor though, that is just what I was told to do. I am SO HAPPY for you and breast feeding is wonderful, some of my happiest moments with Emma are during feedings, the little things she does melts my heart over and over again! Love you Robin, Emily Honeycutt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously thought this was going to be a post about adult diapers. What a let down ;)
    maren

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps: I've NEVER had a baby sleep that long that early. Sweet Alivia is definitely a keeper! Congrats again!
    maren

    ReplyDelete
  4. we did talk with the dr because we were concerned too, but he said that as long as she is gaining weight (which she is) we should count our lucky stars. I'm sure she wouldn't sleep as much if she was breast fed, but since she drinks from a bottle, she is able to get more.

    ReplyDelete