Saturday, January 22, 2011

Um - I say no!

My first NO goes to people who "like" their own status updates on facebook. Isn't it implied that you like what you said, given that you wrote it? I mean, you have all power to delete the status if you think it's unlikable, given that you wrote it. I just think the extra "pat on the back" or the extra "I'm so in love with my relationship status" is just redundant and borderline ego patting. That's all.

My second NO goes to Toyota. My first car was a Toyota so this NO is extra sad. But, I absolutely hate their new Highlander car commercials where the kid is talking about how cool his mom is for the type of car she drives, while placing pity on his classmates whose parents drive uncool cars. Are we supposed to want to buy a Highlander because our kids will supposedly think we're cool? That's absolutely, positively ridiculous. First off, I hope I don't care if my kids think I'm cool. Secondly, I hope that if they do think I'm cool, it's not solely based on the vehicle I'm driving. Who here is about to spend the type of cash a Highlander costs just to appear trendy and in-the-know with their kids? Whoever would say yes to this question should be in therapy. I honestly haven't seen a child character appear more self-righteous, egotistic, materialistic, "too cool," and entitled than the kid they've chosen to portray. Gross and shameful Toyota!

My last NO goes to my gag reflex. It's just gotten ridiculous. I'm feeling much better...but my gag reflex hasn't caught up yet. The most mild of smells puts my stomach muscles in a hyper flex mode and I end up peeing my pants. The other night I peed my pants three times...without vomiting, just having a gag fit. Irritating! I'm not embarrassed since I've only peed my pants at home, but having to wear four different pair of undergarments (why is it called a pair?) in one night is downright pathetic.

4 comments:

  1. Please start wearing diapers. It would make me so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed pretty hard when I read the last part about peeing your pants, so funny Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE that commerical too, it is just wrong and turns me off. I do love the swagger wagon commericals, here is one that I love:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

    We got to drive one on a trip to Orlando, Florida and they are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where in the world have I been? Robin! You are going to make the cutest, funniest, smartest, best mom. I have no doubts... so exciting.
    I loved reading all the things that are going on... and I'm so so so sorry about being sick... it's the pits.

    ReplyDelete