Sunday, January 9, 2011

Real Quick...

First and foremost, It's Snowing!! :)

I've always thought Arkansas to be beautiful. The Spring blossoms were amazing, the summer (although too hot and too humid) was lush and green, and the fall ended up being the colorful reds, oranges, and yellows. But Winter has been a bust. An absolute UGLY bust. The grass is all dead and brown. The trees are bare. The sky is gloomy. And unlike most parts of the U.S. that have beautiful snow to make winter magical, AR only gets about 4 snow days and the snow doesn't stick :(

But it is snowing right now. And the falling white stuff is so pretty.

*side note: I've never heard so many people talk about snow, prepare for snow (which will melt come morning), and discuss cancelled work/school. It's amusing and bizarre.*

Secondly, I asked Cody what traits he wants our kiddo to get from him. He starts,

"My patience...intellegence...awareness."

I stopped him right there. "What kind of awareness - spatial awareness?"

He said, "Yeah, spatial awareness...balance...social awareness...and my digestive system."

What? Does he think I'm some kind of ungraceful, aloof, dumb, impatient, burping, barfing, goof?! He has since stated he was joking, "obviously."

And the answer comes right at a time you wish he'd say, "I don't know what I want our baby to get from me, but I hope he gets your ..." and then ensues a list of compliments.

Oh, the humor.

*side note: Cody is most definitely correct that our kid should get his digestive system.*

2 comments:

  1. we need another "real quick" post...surely you have something to say to your blog stockers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I do have a new post up...thanks to some time at the work computer. And it is long overdue. Like, from October!

    ReplyDelete