Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Bible Belt

Ladies and Gentlemen - Boys and Girls...

I present the many, many churches of Conway, AR.


The first two pictures are of our church - no other church is pictured twice. And all the above churches are not even close to being all the churches in Conway believe it or not! I still need to find a Jewish Synagogue. Did you see the Islamic Center?

Literally, God is the talk of the town which is so different, so odd, and so refreshing! I love my religion and believe it to be divinely guided. I love the restored truth, direction, and consistency of my faith. I believe it to be true. But I also simply love religion and faith in general. I love people working together toward common goods. I love people searching together toward enlightenment and understanding. I love the yearning, gratitude, belonging, service, culture, and conviction found in religion. I know truth is laced throughout sermons of the majority of churches. And I am happy knowing that so much truth and good is being taught here in Conway!

I don't know if I fully agree with the beginning sentence in the following quote, but I sure do like it and think it goes beautifully with the following picture found on the side of a church here.

Albert Einstein: "All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom."


No comments:

Post a Comment