Wednesday, June 1, 2011

She's a brick...

HOUSE...

literally. I am. On Sunday a month ago, a lady at church said, "Oh, are you getting excited? Any day now, right?" To which I politely said, "No. Not even close. I still have two months."

At target about 9 weeks ago a lady said, "Oh, you look like you are registering for a baby. When are you due?" I said, "In late June." The lady looked stunned, "Are you having twins?" I replied, "No - there's just one big baby in there." To which she noded her head signifying she agreed.

These two interactions illustrate how awesome it is to be with child. People at church and on outings used to comment on how cute I was. Now I just get comments on how big I am. I must admit that I hate the transition from cute to big. I'm swollen and uncomfortable. My wedding ring no longer fits and my feet have looked real nasty big at times. I can't pick stuff up or lotion my legs anymore. I get tired so easily and I wonder how I can possibly last 4 more weeks.

My feet hurt a lot and the other day while buying stuff at Lowes for the condo, I sat right down on the floor of the lighting aisle to give them a break. It was either sit on the nasty dirty cement floor or start crying. Cody went to go check on something, and the next thing I hear is a motorized cart coming down my aisle. I look to get ready to move for the person and realize it is Cody who went to go get me one for the rest of the visit. At the time, I couldn't think of anything else he had done for me in the past as thoughtful as that. He saved me.

Backing up with the beep, beep, beep was a little embarrassing though. But who cares.

I'm ready to be done with pregnancy, but not ready for this baby to pop out of me. I think it's safe to say I'm a bit apprehensive about birthing a child, and then having to raise it. I've had enough nightmares about forgetting I have a child or forgetting I need to feed it that it's safe to say my confidence in my mothering skills is not quite stable yet. I get that the kid will cry so I don't have the opportunity to forget I'm a mother and have to feed, burp, change, and bathe it, but my nightmares seem so real.

Belly Shots Section (for you Shaunna):

I've tried to be good at taking pictures, but these are all I have. You still can see the progression. These pictures make me laugh, especially the picture with me in the striped shirt which is particularly unattractive. And the arched back I have doesn't make the belly look any smaller.

14 Weeks


20 weeks


22 weeks




28 weeks


30 weeks (My smile wasn't cooperating)



32 weeks



34 weeks


And our most recent shot from today at 36 weeks:

5 comments:

  1. ROBIN!!!! You seriously do not look huge at all. I actually think you look awesome! You should kick all those rude people in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are adorable...
    you still wear cutest shades of lipstick better than anyone else I know... why didn't you ever teach me that?
    and I just love love love that Cody got you a motorized cart...
    I just read the Brooke is pregnant too... Kwynne and I were 3 months apart and we took a few too many belly to belly shots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robin, i love, love, love the belly shots. You DO look so cute! My belly right now at 20 weeks is about the size of yours at 28 weeks so i am sure i will be getting those comments at Target too. Now i know who to cry about it to. The story about the motorized cart made my day! I laughed so hard picturing the whole scenario! So funny. Miss you and wish i could take a belly to belly shot with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you're smuggling a basketball under your shirt in that last pic, which I think is totally cute. Even though I was having twins I never really popped out like that - I just got massive ALL OVER. Enjoy these last few weeks (if you can). It will all be worth it soon when your little one is here. If you're feeling worried about the birth you should check out PregTASTIC.com. It's a podcast and website that I relied on for all my info during the first part of my pregnancy, and then ended up participating in a bit during the latter part (including my birth story). Anyway, there is really great info from real pregnant women, doctors and other professionals. Happy pushing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your belly! Is it weird that it makes me miss mine??? It was so much cuter when there was something inside of it to blame for it being big. Cody is just the sweetest. Who needs flowers when you have a man who will be that thoughtful? Fun to see the progression. It is amazing what 36 weeks can do!

    ReplyDelete