Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"End of Holiday Season" Blues

Do any of you get sad that the holiday season is almost over like us? I was talking to Cody on our ride home from the festivities on Christmas day and shared how sad I was that the holiday season was almost over. Cody said he used to get sad the holidays were almost over even before Christmas! Bye bye sparkle lights. Bye bye reason for being overindulgent and a little "soft" or overweight. Bye bye shopping and money. Bye bye Christmas tree. Bye bye radio Christmas music (and therefore always something on I know I'll want to listen to). Sure I'm excited for dinner out on new year's eve and cider in the hot tub. Sure I'm excited for the rose parade, football, and sub sandwiches on new years day. But I'll tell you what, my "end of holiday season" blues make everything harder to enjoy. A year is such a long time before I get to have my holiday season back. I just hate goodbyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment